As a global company, with headquarters in the United States and operations in other countries, Etsy business must comply with sanctions and trade restrictions, including, but not limited to, the sanctions imposed by the institution to the U.S. Department of Treasury for the control of foreign assets (Office of Foreign Assets Control, This means that Etsy or anyone using our services cannot take part in transactions in which named people, places, or from certain places the root at the end of the article involved, as determined by agencies like OFAC, in addition to the trade restrictions imposed by relevant laws and regulations.
This policy applies to all who use our services, regardless of your location. You’re responsible for it, to make yourself with these restrictions.
Some examples of transactions that are prohibited by these restrictions generally (list is not complete):
- Certain geographic areas, such as the Crimea, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, Russia, Belarus, as well as the regions of Donetsk people’s Republic (
- Persons or organisations in the Specially Designated Nationals (
(black list including designated persons) or the Foreign Sanctions Evaders ( (list of foreign sanctions targets) of the OFAC lists;
- Cuban citizens, regardless of their location, if their nationality or their permanent residence outside of Cuba has not been demonstrated; and
- Items that originate from sanctioned areas, including Cuba, North Korea, Iran, or the Crimea, with the exception of informational materials such as publications, films, posters, phonograph records, photographs, tapes, CDs, and certain works of art.
- Any Goods, services or technologies from the DNR and LNR, with the exception of permissible information materials and agricultural goods such as food for people, seeds for Food crops and fertilizers.
- The import of the following products of Russian origin in the United States: fish, seafood, non-industrial diamonds, Gold, and any other product that may be determined from time to time by the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- The export of luxury goods and the other from the U.S. Department of Commerce set out in articles from the United States or by a U.S. Person to a Person in Russia or Belarus. A list and description of Supplement No. 5 to Part 746 in the Federal Register.
- Articles originating outside of the United States, subject to the U.S. customs act (the
For the protection of our Community and our marketplace Etsy takes steps to ensure compliance with sanctions programs to ensure. Thus, Etsy prohibits, for example, members to use their accounts while in certain geographic regions. If we have reason to believe that your account from a sanctioned location, run, such as the above-listed places, or otherwise in violation of economic sanctions or trade restrictions is a violation, we may suspend your use of our services, or provisionally set.
Members are not permitted generally, article set to buy or sell that originate from sanctioned areas. This includes items that date back to the period before the imposition of sanctions, because we can not check to leave at which time the sanctioned area belong to. Etsy reserves the right to request that sellers provide additional information, country of origin of the article on the article page or to take other steps to meet Compliance obligations. We can cancel the article how to disable or transactions, the risk of a violation of this policy.
In addition to complying with OFAC-sanctions and applicable local laws, Etsy will need to note-members, that other countries may have their own trade restrictions and that certain products may not be in accordance with foreign laws where applicable or implemented.
You have about the laws of other countries inform you, if you make a transaction plan, which includes the shipment of Goods abroad.
Finally, Etsy should note that members that external payment processors, such as PayPal, transactions may have on their compliance with sanctions monitoring, and certain transactions as part of their own Compliance programs. Etsy has no control over the independent decision-making practice of this provider.
The economic sanctions and trade restrictions that apply to your use of the services, may change. Therefore, members are encouraged to review the sources of these sanctions on a regular basis. For legal advice, please contact a qualified professional adviser.
We look forward to these guidelines in your preferred language, but the English Version of this document controls and governs your use of the Etsy Services.
You can change your language selection in the account settings.
Last updated on 25. May 2023